“1900 years after the exasperated Romans scattered the Hebrew tribes to the four winds, the JQ is still a huge, messy unsolved problem...”
“RI’s retinue have apparently turned it into a focal point for hate.”
Paris, 2 February 2018
In a letter to Prosecutor-General Yuri Yakovlevich Chayka, the Simon Wiesenthal Centre’s Director for International Relations, Dr. Shimon Samuels, expressed thanks for his swift removal of neo-Nazi and antisemitic items for sale in Moscow hotel giftshops, as requested by the Centre.
“We write once again, this time, regarding the Moscow-based website Russia Insider, whose editor Charles Bausman, on 15 January 2018, authored a reportedly antisemitic article entitled ‘It’s Time to Drop the Jew Taboo,’ subtitled ‘it’s making serious discussion of Russian geopolitics and history next to impossible.’ quoted Samuels.
The article claims there is “a strict taboo in the media of criticizing the Jews as a group, using that term.” Bausman invited his followers to submit articles that “fairly and honestly address the influence of Jewish elites, INCLUDING POINTING OUT WHEN IT IS MALEVOLENT, WHICH IT OFTEN IS.” [our capitalization].
http://russia-insider.com/en/its-time-drop-jew-taboo/ri22186 (See other content on the website)
The letter argued that:
- Bausman apparently views Jews as responsible for the 2014 situation in Ukraine as “intrinsically linked to Jewish culpability for the revolution,” seemingly a reference to the 1917 Soviet revolution, adding that “hostility to Putin’s Russia is largely a Jewish phenomenon.”
- Bausman’s declarations are an offence to history and to the 550,000 Soviet Jews that fought in the Red Army to defend the Soviet regions under Nazi invasion.
- Bausman presents the Jews as, allegedly, owners, editors and staff of the New York Times and Washington Post. PBS as “wholly dependent on donations from wealthy Jews”... “CNN, a deeply Jewish company”... “Jewish-owned high brow magazines... New Yorker, NY Review of Books, The New Republic, Newsweek, the Atlantic and the Rothschild-owned Economist...”... “But to draw attention to all of this, or to investigate whether there is something about their Jewishness that makes them so hostile to Russia, is simply verboten”... “People say, well what about the many critics of the hostility to Russia who are Jewish?... The answer is, that the exception to a trend doesn’t disprove it, and can often serve to mask it.”
- The article turns to “(t)he ongoing sex scandal... across the board from Hollywood to entertainment to media to Washington, the poor sods being called out by the screeching harpy mob, tend towards A CERTAIN ETHNICITY” [our capitalization]... “the evidence suggests that much of human enterprise, dominated and shaped by Jews is a bottomless pit of trouble, with a peculiar penchant for mendacity and cynicism, hostility to Christian values and in geopolitics, a clear bloodlust”...
- And continues: “if you would ask the relatives of the 2 or so million Iraqis, Libyans, Yemenis, East Ukrainians or Serbs who died in the wars instigated by the largely Jewish-dictated US foreign policy over the past couple of decades, that they would back me up on that.”
- Bausman’s article reiterates: “Yes, 1900 years after the exasperated Romans scattered the Hebrew tribes to the four winds, the JQ [does this stand for the Jewish Question? Judenfrage under the Nazis? enquired the Centre] is still a huge, messy unsolved problem, and in our age, it is reaching yet another crisis.”
The Russia Insider image for the article on
“Is it permissible to criticize the Jews?”
Samuels pointed out that “the Daily Beast, in its own investigation, was told by a spokesperson of Russia Today television that ‘RT categorically and unequivocally condemns the disgusting hate speech promoted by the recent Russia Insider article, its author and the platform as a whole, and rejects any association to such. Charles Bausman’s increasingly disturbing views are the key reason why he was blacklisted by the network two years ago.’”
He added in outrage, that “In the over 50 years that I have confronted antisemitism, I have never seen such venomous vituperation and calls for violence against Jews as among the comments from followers of Russia Insider.”... “Its retinue have apparently turned it into a focal point for hate while falsely pretending to be a voicepiece for Russia.”
The Centre urged the Prosecutor-General “to investigate Russia Insider as, allegedly, violating the anti-hate speech legislation championed by President Vladimir Putin.”
“If appropriate under Russian law, we call for the closure of the Russia Insider office at Cowork Station, Leninsky Prospekt 30A, Moscow 125993,” concluded Samuels.